Monday, January 26, 2009

Steeler Mania P.S.

P.S. (See, And I thought No one Cared About this years Super Bowl)
I guess this didn't need to be a completely separate post, but a few of you are missing, the insanity of the 'Steeler church video.' I find it important, as the director of your attention to sports absurdities (not my official title), to illustrate this for you.

It is obvious that they are in a church, singing about the Steelers. A church is, a building for public, especially Christian, worship of religion. I understand that they are just singing and at least they didn't break out chicken wings and beer while watching a projection of the game on the altar.

Clearly, they are holding back. And I guess, I can see how some might say that to them, football is a religion. Those people, however, probably don't go to church (other than to pray for the Steelers), so they wouldn't know that the song they are singing is actually, "Jesus, We Adore You." Yes, they have actually replaced Jesus with Steelers...and they did it in a church!

"This week instead of Jesus Christ, we will be worshipping the Steelers. If you would all open your Sports Illustrated, we will now have a reading from the Book of Palamalu."


I am not offended by the Steelers, I am sure God has a sense of humor, look at the Eagles' trophy case!

(Nope, making fun of the Eagles never gets old!)

I am simply pointing out the absurdity of it all! Can you see it now?


In case you don't understand the 'reading,' watch Larry Johnson tackle Troy Palomalu by his hair and then pull him back up by it. (Make sure you watch the replay!)

No comments: