Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Week one in the NFL

We always start with the reigning World Champions. The Giants beat the Washington Redskins 7-16 and following Chad “Ocho-Cinco” and in honor of his stellar performance against the ‘Skins, Plaxico will now be changing his name to “You Can’t Cover Me” Burress. I hate to say it, but other than the Manning-Plaxico connection, I can’t say I was impressed with the Giant’s performance. They won because the Redskins didn’t show up. But hey, a W is a W, just like a Super Bowl Ring is a Super Bowl Ring!

Well, as for the rest of the games, I hope you don't have Matt Hasselbeck on your fantasy team because the BUFFALO BILLS upset the Seahawks (I didn't see that coming).

As old as he is and as poorly as he has been playing for years now, McNabb had an out-of-character, stellar performance and the Eagles blew out the Rams, 38-3. Don’t give him too much credit, with the way the Rams played, I see them being this years, “Miami Dolphins.”

New England just barely beat Kansas City with their new QB, Cassal...whose only NFL experience is carrying a clip board for Brady. Oh! Perhaps I should mention that Tom Brady will be out for the season with a torn ACL? Let’s all hold back our smiles, as if the smug Pats would do it for us, and have a moment of silence for their ‘08 season. I think I can hear the cries in Boston from here.

I watched live as old man Favre got lucky against the Dolphins. I didn't really care who won that game but the referees were a joke. They gave Favre every break he needed to pull that game out 20-14. He has a B*** S*** pass interference call in his favor and a lucky 4th down pass into the endzone as he was being sacked, yet Jets fans are crying “Super Bowl!” Are you kidding me? The are thinking Super Bowl after beating a team which won one game last year? Are they forgetting that they are coming off a season in which they themselves only had 4 wins and 2 of those wins were against that one win team, the Dolphins! Super Bowl is as likely as Brett Fav-ruh being friends with Aaron Rodgers.




Even though, the Jets beat the Dolphins, I predict these random guys at the game have got the right idea.

Tampa Bay lead New Orleans most of the game but ended up losing 20-24 because Reggie Bush is amazing.
Pittsburgh beat, no, destroyed Houston, 38-17 but I suspect everyone will beat Houston, as usual.

Titans beat Jacksonville, even though Vince Young got hurt, so say goodbye to the notion that the Jaguars might be an NFL contender because the Titans suck! Kerri Collins, seriously?

Baltimore over Cincy was BORING, but not as BORING as Carolina over San Diego.
Arizona started the ancient Kurt Warner over Matt Leinhert, who,no matter how cute he may be, s obviously a bust and a waste of a first round draft pick because he hasn't done anything...but Warner was a good choice (for the day) Cardinals beat the 49ers, 23-13. Although, I often forget the 49ers are even a team. I can't name a single player for San Fran, so beating them is like beating the Raiders.

Even though the first half was pretty close the Cowgirls beat the Browns 28-10. Maybe the Browns will switch their QB again!!! Who knows, I don't think they know who their QB is going to be yet, but at this point they are choosing between bad, worse and worst.

Tonight is Minn. v. Green Bay and I hope Aaron Rodgers plays the greatest game in NFL histroy and shoves it in Favre's cry baby face. The Raider also play Denver but is anyone going to watch that? I doubt it!!!

Monday’s Report:
Green Bay over Minn (GO RODGERS!!!) Every win for Rodgers is a time to point and laugh at Farve! Don’t get me wrong, I used to like Brett. I thought he was this classic, QB, who no one could say anything bad about, even if you didn’t like Green Bay. To be honest, the only time I thought about him, is when the Giants were stepping on him on their way to Super Bowl Champion-dom. Then he retired and unretired and just wouldn’t get off my tv! By the way: my spell check indicates that “unretired” is not a word. You know why? Because people DO NOT UNRETIRE!
Denver blew out the Raiders. 41-14! Even though, playing the Raiders is like practice, keep an eye out for Jay Cutler.
And I can still hear the Patriots fans crying over Brady!

No comments: