Monday, June 1, 2009

“Fantasy” Football Potential Draftee #6: Mark Sanchez



Mark Sanchez
NFL TEAM: New York Jets
POSITION: (I cry less than Brett Fav-ruh at) Quarterback
AGE: 22
HEIGHT: 6'2"
WEIGHT: 227 lbs

Mark Sanchez opted for an early departure from USC and (unfortunately for him) was drafted by the Jets. He was red-shirted his freshman year and lost the QB-1 position the next season to John David Booty, but took over when Booty needed back surgery. A bonus interesting(-ish) fact, in high school, Sanchez served as ball boy for Carson Palmer (See, Bengals suck). But perhaps his biggest honor…Mark is the very first player to be drafted (by me) without playing a single day in the NFL. He is also, the youngest player (and given that he has made me feel really old, will be the last rookie) that I have ever drafted.



While I don’t find Mark to be particularly attractive, he certainly isn’t unattractive (and neither are his abs or his arms...) and his spread in GQ has pointed out the finer qualities in this newest NFLer, who is playing Baywatch with Hilary Rhoda.



Funny guy, Sanchez, joked when he was sent to purgatory, by USC fans, after his controversial announcement that he'd be heading to the NFL a year early, “UCLA and Notre Dame fans are the new Mark Sanchez fans.”

However, it appears that the joke is now on him. The hardest part about being in the NFL so far, is that his new Jets teammates won’t stop teasing him about wearing his formfitting “short shorts” in front of the pretty girl. :P




Mark wasn’t worried about the shoots taunting potential when he was posing with Hilary. “Yeah, she’s, uh…Well, obviously she’s gorgeous.” “She was just giving me pointers the whole time. “ (I wonder if the Jets fond that comment as funny as I did. Go ahead, I’ll give you a second…) :o


So, what is the downside to the new addition of muscle to the NFL? Well, I don’t know too much about Mark’s football ability, but my prediction is, that if you take the pretty boy out of the USC sunshine and the Trojan QB out of the Pac-Ten’s, cupcake schedule, you’ve got…Matt Leinart.



Ex-Trojans look a lot prettier on the side lines than they do on the field.



White jeans, Mark? Seriously? I hope your on field decisions are better than that!





















Yes, I know that he beat Penn State in the Rose Bowl, but that is one of those facts that I only acknowledge in a really small, hidden footnote, in order to minimize its importance and the damage it does to my overall argument. :P

No comments: