Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Taking out the weekend Trash Part 1: TO Tweets

Some NFLers have a habit of supporting the old argument that, ‘football players don’t earn college degrees but, skate by on their athletic abilities,’ with their constant display of stupidity.

(Although, sometimes I wonder, “how talented does a guy have to be to hide this level of dumb?”)

But it appears that Memorial Day Weekend had a 2-for-1 sale on stupid. One weekend, Two idiots.

Idiot one:
Well, you can’t spell idiot without T.O.

A frequent member of the Foot-In-The-Mouth club, Terrell Owens, has now taken to immortalizing his stupidity in written form, on Twitter. (Which I also think is stupid because I don’t care what anyone is doing 24 hours a day).

Anyway, T.O. posted this in response to a fan who wasn’t happy about him being cut from Dallas (whether T.O actually has fans or he posted this to himself has yet to be confirmed).

@terrellowens81: neither ws i, blame the OC & romo!! but i'm happy 2 b where i am but i miss the other guys tht were & r true teammates!!”


(Very creative with the screenname by the way!)

I guess we should all thank God for Twitter’s 140 character limit, but am I the only one who has a hard time picturing T.O. at a computer?



Hmmm… maybe he posted it from his phone.

Either way, his message was the same old “it aint my fault!”

**He reminds me of that old commercial, where they interview a player after a bad loss and he blames all his teammates, the coaches, the media… and when the reporter says “there is no ‘I’ in team.” He replies “yeah, well there aint no ‘we’ either.” **

(The above was more of an internal thought, which was followed by “what was that a commercial for? I wonder if I can find that?” Well, turns out it was a series of commercials and you can find them at the end of this post.)


In response to Owens, other NFLers also Tweeted. (Twittered?)

Tony Romo:
@chokoROMO: cudnt hav been all d passes t.o. dropd. g’luck Bills. Ur prob now.

Trent Edwards:
@imDbillsQB: @#$%^&!!!!!! 

Plaxico Burress:
@WutEvaHapn2Buress: Foot bettr. Got no team. les annoying thn TO. Call me. Wont shoot. Promis.


To be continued (with Idiot 2)…

For now, here are the T.O., I mean Leon commercials, as promised:















No comments: